Actually, in cf 4.5 it does leak for no reason :-).  Running Windows 2000
server and cf 4.5 there is a memory leak inherent in the cf server service.
It was fixed in 4.5.1, but if you havn't upgraded, that's probably it.

Rob Flesher
Cold Fusion Applications Developer
LivingNexus, LLD.
1111 N. 19th Street, Suite 210