Session management was the hardest thing for me to get, too.  None of the CF books
seem to cover it very well.  The one that I found the "most" helpful was
CFDummies book.  Some people are too proud to use those books, but it was better than
the others on that subject.

Do you have some specific code that you would like looked at?

Tammy

Jesse wrote:

> I'm basically just trying to create an application that requires login.
> depending on what id is used to log in with will depend on what pages that
> person can view and what fields in a shared database they will have access
> to view and or update. I'm still a newbie and use 3 different coldfusion
> books as a reference but still can't figure out how to set this up
> correctly. Does anyone know of any good web based tutorials on this matter.
>
> thanks

personal copy designs
better living through computer graphics
http://www.personal-copy.com