> what you may read as being condescending may actually be a very
> sympathetic attempt to help.

True... which is why my comments were gentle in nature.  (At least that
was my intent... :o)  I'm most often on the end of the one asking questions
instead of being able to provide answers, so I know what it's like to
receive answers in the form of questions that assume knowledge that
I don't have and, therefore, I can't even begin to understand the
significance of the question.

Questioning is a very good way to teach, but the answers always have to
be in reach of the learner.

Rick