Just thought I would throw this out there as a tribute to CF's
awesomeness.

I had a large HTML file the other day (40 megs) which was the output of
a 10 hour job.  I didn't want to run the job again, but wanted to go
through and find and replace several repetitive parts of the HTML to
decrease its size so it would load in a browser more quickly.  I messed
with that stupid file ALL DAY long in Home site, Metapad, Microsoft Word
and every other text editor with a find-and-replace function I had
handy.  Each of them would max out my computer's CPU (2.4 Gig Intel) for
over an hour while the program froze trying to execute the replace until
I just killed the process.  Finally, after getting fed up near the end
of the day, I wrote some insanely simple lines of CF code to cffile read
the file in, replacenocase() the text, and cffile write the file back
out.

It ran in 11 seconds.

I obviously should have just done that to begin with.

~Brad