> You should be able to do pretty much anything that Crystal Reports
> supports with the built-in <cfreport> and the (free) Report Builder.
> Talk to Dean Harmon at Adobe if you have specific questions (since he
> wrote most of the reporting subsystem).

Sorry, but I'm not convinced of this. I've written some pretty complex
Crystal Reports way back when, and after working with the Report
Builder for a year +, can say that it isn't quite there yet. Good
tool, no doubt, but still buggy, and doesn't support some things that
I could use. (How about being able to pass in multiple queries to the
report.) The IDE is very mouse-unfriendly, and I've seen instances of
objects getting "stuck" in invisible places (how does an object get
set to a negative y axis inside of a section?). Granted, I'm not on
CF8 yet either (we're on 7.02) -- hopefully there's been huge progress
made since?

Cheers,
Kris