>Another way to look at it, kinda, is that CF8 integrates with server side
>.NET stuff, but not client side .NET stuff, like the ASP.NET UI controls.

I see the point you're trying to make, but this isn't really accurate. An
ASP.NET "control" is equivalent to a CFML tag, and is rendered completely on
the server. Another analogy you can make is between ASP.NET controls and JSP
taglibs, which are also rendered completely on the server. Your first statement
was more accurate (the "for CF8" in parentheses was added by me):

>Not really, ASP.NET is not part of the integration story (for CF8).

I'm not sure what you mean by "CF8 integrates with server side .NET stuff." To
me, .NET integration in CF8 is very much like Java integration was in CF5. In
CF5, you can create Java objects via CFOBJECT, but there's no integration with
server-side Java (J2EE, or now, just JEE). Prior to CFMX, there was no
integration with J2EE servers, such as the "J2EE Sessions" option, or the
ability to use JSP taglibs within CFML pages. Similarly, CF8 lets you create
.NET objects via CFOBJECT, but provides no integration with ASP.NET, which is
the .NET server-side equivalent of JSP/J2EE.

Contrast this to BlueDragon.NET, which provides full integration with ASP.NET
in much the same way that CFMX (and the Java/J2EE editions of BD) provide full
integration with J2EE. BD.NET has an "ASP.NET Sessions" option, which allows
you to share session scope variables between CFML and ASP.NET pages, and allows
you to include (via CFINCLUDE) ASP.NET pages within CFML pages (these included
ASP.NET pages can contain ASP.NET controls, which was the original question
here). More information can be found in the BD 7.0 "Integrating CFML with
ASP.NET" document:

http://www.newatlanta.com/products/bluedragon/self_help/docs/7_0/BlueDragon_70_Integrating_CFML_with_ASPNET.pdf

Vince Bonfanti
New Atlanta Communications, LLC