Hello,

Our company is having a difficult time getting an issue resolved with
Allaire tech support.

We initially called Tech support on Oct 9th and did the whole credit card
thing  talk to someone.  Left a message.... waited... waited...  called back
left another message...  still nothing....    Finally 9 days later we got
some communication from Allaire.  It turns out that our problem was in fact
verified to be a bug (Bug # 19980).

Basically the bug is in the Linux versions of CF 4.51 (works fine in
windows, not sure about Solaris), that deals with a secure cfhttp post and
kills the server.  They've verified that it has something to do with ssl
version incompatibilities between the Linux cf server and the other server.

According to the Allaire bug system, it hasn't been verified as a bug, I
assume the developers must verify this also, and we cannot get any info from
Allaire as to an ETA for fixing this or if they even plan to fix it.  With
SP2 in RC stage, it's not looking good for that service pack.  This is a
very, very important part of a big application that we are doing (live
payment processing for an ecommerce mall) and is not something that we can
really work around without doing some sort of a hack with a windows box and
with our current configuration it would make things very ugly.

Anyway, the people that pay the bills around here are getting pretty upset
about this problem, and we haven't been able to get anywhere with Allaire.

Any suggestion?  People at Allaire that we can contact to get this resolved?
You can contact me off list if you'd prefer.

Thanks

-Erik
[EMAIL PROTECTED]