Excellent Mike.  So to save on RAM (since that's my major issue with
this machine) i can write a little batch file in dos (remember DOS
anyone?) to net stop the version i'm finished with and net start the
version i want to switch to.    Sounds pretty simple.   that way
there's only one version of CF running at any moment.

Where there are two versions running simultaneously, how does the
system decide which files to send to the CF8 service and which to send
to CF7?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month