                               {cfgridsortdirection})"

Everything I tired causes errors.  Am I missing something?

Phil

On Dec 17, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Brad Wood wrote:

Oops, I actually meant to post
(http://www.asfusion.com/blog/entry/filtering-a-cfgrid-as-you-type) as
an example of the second method.

The link below was an example of the first method.

~Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Wood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 11:35 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Filtering with a session variable in CFGRID and Paging

In the same vein as Ajax implementations, you can filter on the client
or the server.

For the former, your cfc would receive an optional input which would
limit the results returned.  The records would be fetched from the
server every time new filtering was applied.

The latter would involve some ActionScript and looping.  Basically you
would loop over the results and populate the grid with the matching data
without hitting the server again.
Check out
(http://www.asfusion.com/blog/entry/filtering-a-cfgrid-as-you-type--revi
sited-)

The first option results in more network traffic, but easier to
implement, and will probably perform better if you are dealing with a
lot of records.

~Brad