From: h k [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:38 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: 'The selected method functionName was not found.' error.

So I've recently become a temporary maintainer of some ColdFusion CMS
software at work, which I'm definitely not ready for, so forgive my
idiocy.  Anyway, I'm having a problem with a 'The selected method
functionName was not found.' error.  The extended error info is: 'Either
there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types,
or the method getRootIDofChildPage is overloaded with arguments types
that ColdFusion can't decipher reliably. If this is a Java object and
you verified that the method exists, you may need to use the javacast
function to reduce ambiguity.'

I'm calling a function of an object in a ColdFusion file.  Example:
<cfset x = page.functionName(page.id)/> .

This file is pulled by another CF file that uses Java to spit out
generated HTML.  I know that the function exists.  It can be used by
files that are <cfinclude> into the main file.  I also know that page
and page.id exist from a <cfdump>.  I'm not overloading it - I've used
the exact same code in those <cfinclude> pages.  It's something with the
fact that this page is feeded into Java.  I didn't think I had to
Javacast it because it's all ColdFusion there.

Any help, please?