Hello, I am trying to move our Intranet app to use CFWINDOWs. One of the
things I would like to do is migrate over time. This being the case, I want
to make a routine that saves the X and Y coordinates of a window to a
cookie, so that on the next page load the CFWINDOW is created in the same
position it was at. This gives the impression to the user that the Windows
are "persistant". I have this successfully working with ONE window.

I run into problems with more than one window because there seems to be no
way to check for the existence of a certain window by name, or to extract
the name of whatever window passed the move event. I am running into is that
I need to get the name of the Window (or some other identifying
characteristic) so that I know which cookie to write to. Unfortunately NAME
does not seem to be exposed. Here is my JavaScript code (called via
AJAXOnLoad):

moveListener = function()

      {

      if (ColdFusion.Window != null)

      {

                                  var w =
ColdFusion.Window.getWindowObject('todayAtWindow');

w.on('move',setCoordsTODAYAT,w);

w.on('hide',closeWindowTODAYAT,w);

      }

setCoordsTODAYAT = function(ob,x,y)

{

                Set_Cookie('TODAYATWINDOW_X', x, 10, '/', '', '');

                Set_Cookie('TODAYATWINDOW_Y', y, 10, '/', '', '');

}

closeWindowTODAYAT = function(ob)

{

                Set_Cookie('TODAYATWINDOW_SHOW', false, 10, '/', '', '');

}

Any help would be appreciated.