From: Mik Muller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:56 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: dealing with timezones

Hey,

So I'm thinking of how to deal with timezones. My server's clock is set
to US west coast time, and I serve many, many sites that are all in
different timezones.  They're all running the same code which subscribes
(in a fashion) to a central application to verify the site's status.

I'm thinking of doing a s&r on "now()" and replacing it with "noww()",
which would be a UDF that would create the effective local time for that
site based upon (1) the server local time and (2) the site offset from
that local time.

Any crazy red flags anyone can think of?

Mik

--------
Michael Muller
Admin, MontagueMA.net Website