> >For the QuickBooks integration, that requires a product called T-Hub
> >by Atandra along with some custom coding on your part to build the
> >interface.  If you want to email me off-list I can talk more to that.
>
> Hey Hatton, I'd be interested in hearing what you did with T-Hub.

T-Hub acts as an SOAP/XML intermediary between the Quickbooks API and
any web interface.  In short, it handles 4 basic transaction types
spanning 3 "Levels":

Level 1:
Order Export - Sends a basic request asking for orders.  The store has
to return an XML structure that contains ALL information about the
order including customer details (bill and ship to), payment details
(method, discounts, gift certificates, extra charges), and all product
details.  This level of integration can be done with any store that
will dump said information in a CSV file OR can be done via the XML
method provided certification is attained (see note below).

Level 2:
Order Payment Status Update - Since T-Hub monitors Quickbooks, as soon
as a payment is made on an invoice the system can be triggered to
update the payment status on the website.  This happens via a SOAP
request where T-Hub sends a packet that includes the order number and
other specifics.  The web store has to acknowledge receipt of the
data.  It must be certified by Atandra.

Order Shipment Status Update - Same as Payment, only with shipping information.

Level 3:
Product Inventory/Price Import - T-Hub collects the information about
the products in the QB database and sends them via XML to the web
store.  The store must be able to dynamically add product,
manufacturers, categories and update price and inventory.
Certification is needed for this step.

What is this "certification"?  Atandra will certify that a store
software package works with T-Hub for a fee.  We have a client that
needs only Level 3, but that fee is $750.  We have passed that cost on
to the client and are working on a client specific version of the
integration code at this time.  We have two other clients that are
interested in the rest of the integration and are planning on building
out complete integration to the T-Hub standards as soon as they commit
to the quote.  Certification provides a few different things.  The
main one being that they list packages that have been certified.

It's quite the interesting business model.  They built this tool to
interface between QB and web... and if a web package wants to be
"okayed" to interface with T-Hub you have to pay THEM money to test
YOUR code.

Hatton