I know there are XML-RPC plugins for Trac, but I've never used any of
them.  That being said, the Trac DB schema is very straightforward and
has been very stable for some time, so just interacting with the DB
directly is a viable option.  You lose out on Trac notifications and
such, of course.

For pretty much all of our self-hosted apps, we add a feedback button
for internal users that simply creates Trac tickets of type "feedback"
directly in the Trac database (and CFMAIL the same content) and triage
them from there.  Works like a champ.

cheers,
barneyb