> Thanks for the reply. My hesitation with using cf client
> variables is that I'd need to enable clientmanagement, which
> I currently don't have enabled.
>
> Wouldn't that add a lot of extra overhead for this one
> feature I'd like to add?

If you're using session management, there's no need to use client
management, unless you plan to replace session management with client
management.

> Also, doesn't clientmanagement then append a CFID to the URL
> of every links on my page? Thus breaking my SEO?

Client and session management basically work the sane way. They rely on
cookies by default. If you choose not to use cookies, you would then have to
embed the client/session token into each link, form action and JavaScript
redirect yourself. CF doesn't do this automatically. Session tokens don't
necessarily "break SEO", though.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/