> That's all great, and I am looking forward to these improvements.
> However It's hard to believe that a Java engine will be faster
> than a C++ engine.
>
> (The Java interpreter itself is written in C++. C++ is
> compiled directly to machine code. Think about it)

The Java engine itself might be slower, but a JSP-based solution could
conceivably be faster anyway. The Java-powered version of CF will supposedly
treat CFML scripts in the same way that JSP scripts are treated - compiled
into bytecode before their initial execution, then stored persistently on
disk.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496