>> therefore I have a max session timeout of 20 minutes.

>> we store username in their session

>> My problem lies with a user typing and typing and going over their
>> timeout limit of 20 min.

I ran into a similar problem with a website where people would start
something get interrupted leave the page open come back finish and submit
only to find the session had expired and the work seemd lost beasue they had
to login again.  Javascript keep alive was unreliable so I had to re-think
the authentication plan and eventually changed it to store the login
information in a cookie.  That way once they logged in they they could take
as long as they wanted because if the session expired the application would
log them back from the cookie information and accept the post.

Best Regards,

Dennis Powers
UXB Internet - A website design and Hosting Company
690 Wolcott Road
P.O. Box 6029
Wolcott, CT  06716
Tel: (203)879-2844