Run SQL Profiler from a remote computer and see if the queries are
taking long to execute on the database server. You want to isolate the
problem if possible, and knock out the ColdFusion server or the
network connection from the list of possible culprits. It isn't clear
from your message where the slowness is occurring.

-Mike Chabot