> I am using CF8.
> Can you send me the syntax for using wget or cURL?
>
> I tried the following and it gave me an error:
> EXEC master..xp_cmdshell 'cURL http://www.mywebsite.com'
>
> The error i got was:
> 'cURL' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

As others have already mentioned, neither wget or cURL are distributed with
Windows. In addition, you generally don't want to install client utilities
like these on a database server, unless you're absolutely sure that outbound
client requests are blocked at the firewall. In a properly-secured SQL
Server environment, access to the built-in FTP client is often blocked, for
example.

In addition, in a properly-secured SQL Server environment, access to system
stored procedures like xp_cmdshell is often blocked as well, since they are
often targeted as the end step of an SQL injection attack.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/