That's CF's, and most products, method of tracking sessions, i.e. tokens as
cookies. It's all in the docs.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott M. Berry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2000 2:34 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Security

Hello,

One of my friends and coworker posted here about how to secure a web app. He
suggested storing part of the tickcount in a database and as a cookie, and
then verify that the cookie exists and that the numbers are the same.

I was wondering if there was a way to store a cookie that is some sort of
session ID that CF assigns to each session, so all that would have to be
done is a compare between the cookie and the session id.

Any ideas?

Scott M. Berry :-: [Staff Developer]
annex.com, Inc. - http://www.annex.com/