From: Andy Matthews [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 11:17 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: ColdFusion, MySQL 5.0.45, cfqueryparam, and the LIMIT keyword?

I've been dealing with a very odd, seemingly fringe issue and wanted to post
about it. I believe I figured out how to get around it, but I'm not sure
what's causing it.

My host is running the following apps/versions:

ColdFusion: 8,0,0,176276
MySQL: 5.0.45-community-nt

I have a dynamic query that I'm calling via a CFC. On my environment it
works just fine, but on my host's servers, calling this specific query
returned a "Communications Link Failure" error. After doing some debugging,
commenting out various portions of the query, etc. I finally tracked it down
to my LIMIT keyword, which previously used cfqueryparams1. It appears that
when using this unique combination of things, I get this error. But when I
remove them, and just use plain old pounded variables, it works.

Does anyone know anything about this, why it's happening, and what I might
do for my host? Is it possible that they're just running a few point
releases behind? Doing some online research for that error, I find some
posts from Ray Camden (and others) suggesting that it might be the JDBC
drivers.