As a CF developer for many years, I often feel as if I work twice as hard
selling my services to a potential small-biz client, than the closest PHP
developer.   Not only am I selling myself, I also *have to* sell CF.

>From my potential client's perspective, they really don't care much on how
easy it would be for me, the CF developer, to code their project. They do
care about (1) how much it will cost them on top of my fee; (2) how easy it
would be to find help in case I am not available.

We CF developers and zealots, of course, could make all the justification in
the world to make the case of the points above in favor of CF. That is not
the problem.

The problem is that, why do I, the CF developer, need to keep on selling the
advantages of CF to my clients. Shouldn't Adobe work twice as hard to reach
out to the small businesses, so developers like me don't have to sell it (or
at least make my selling efforts as easy as the PHP, .NET or the RoR guy)?