FWIW, I have seen this error on a stressed CF7 box undergoing GC thrashing,
where it basically meant the server was totally resource starved and about
to die.  I have a vague recollection that the queue in question is not the
list of jrpp worker threads but rather the queue of things waiting to be
assigned to a worker thread.   Obviously CF8 changes the game, but I presume
you've ruled out memory issues, infinite loops, pathological GCs etc?

Jaime Metcher