I like jExcel. You could try this simple script with jExcel(instantiated
with javaLoader):

<!--- path to Excel sheet --->
<cfset filepath = "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot2\tryExcel_CF.xls">
<cfscript>
       wfile = createObject("java","java.io.File").init(filepath);

       workbookPai = server.javaLoader.create("jxl.Workbook");

       wworkbook = server.javaLoader.create("jxl.write.WritableWorkbook");

       wworkbook = workbookPai.getWorkbook(wfile);

       sheetPai = server.javaLoader.create("jxl.write.WritableSheet");

       //get sheet named cf_xl_integration - change to the name in your
workbook
       sheet = wworkbook.getSheet("cf_xl_integration");
</cfscript>

<cfset rowslen = sheet.getRows()>
<cfset columnslen = sheet.getColumns()>

<cfoutput>
    <cfloop from="0" to="#columnslen-1#" index="c">
        #sheet.getCell(javacast('int',c),0).getContents()#
    </cfloop>
</cfoutput>

Will need to download jExcel.jar and include in your directory for this
script.

Cheers

Marco Antonio