I'm about to do a project where we'll be capturing signatures, and one
member of the team says that he found a java applet that will capture
signatures. We'll be running it on a PDA. I know nothing else about it
(not even what it's called), I just know that my guy says he's found one.

The point of this being that you may just want to look for something
like what I'm describing here as another alternative.

Good luck!
Chris