I'm really struggling to get into MSEX on Win server 2003 SBS SP1

I can get into OWA by HTTP in a browser either in my user account, or
the account CF8 is running in.

IIS Web service extensions are enabled - I started off with just the
ones suggested in the instructions, then I activated all of them.

<cfexchangeConnection action = "open"  username = "***"  password =
"******" server = "192.168.0.3/exchange" connection = "conn1" protocol =
"http">

HTTP/1.1 500 Cannot access Exchange server as a web application at
192.168.0.3/exchange

It's the same with server="t8s/exchange" either works in a browser.

Going to 192.168.0.3 or t8s in a browser takes me to the SBS home page,
but I've tried these in <cfexchangeConnection server= just in case, but
the same result.

If I insert formBasedAuthentication="yes" then I get a different
response:

HTTP/1.1 500 Access to the Exchange server denied.

But this isn't activated on the MSEX server and I understand it needs
SSL anyway; for the time being I would like to keep SSL / HTTPS out of
it to reduce complication.

I'm almost certain it must be something to do with a setting SBS makes
in MSEX, I've looked around quite extensively but I can't really claim
great expertise in the thing.... it just works (in Outlook Etc)

Any ideas?  I'm completely stuck...

Thanks

Richard