On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Rick Faircloth
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > it's there for everyone to see.
>
>  As the owner of the business, that would be my biggest reason for
>  not wanting to put *as much* information online as I would include
>  to my clients through an email.
>
>  The online info my get archived on the search engines and be there
>  for everyone to view in searches.
>
>  I've learned that you spread good news far and wide and keep bad news
>  to the few who need to hear it.  Not hiding anything from those who
>  ask, but no need to air your dirty laundry unnecessarily.
>
>  And as far as maintaining a list goes... All he has to do is send the
>  updates to the same list he sends invoices. Those seem to go out
>  very regularly...

both very good points.  well played, sir :)

Altho I do believe my invoices go to my griefer.com e-mail, which is
one of the domains i host on the VPS.  I host the email with google
for domains... but if i didn't, well then i wouldn't get the invoice
any more than i'd get the "we're down" notification.

I can't argue with the notion of keeping the "bad news" in-house, so
to speak.  My first thought would be to keep an "official notices"
page in a password protected areas for customers only... but that
means that not only do the users have to be proactive and go get the
info, but now they have to log in to do so.

Unfortunately, neither solution (web posting vs email) are bulletproof :\

--
Evelyn the dog, having undergone further modification pondered the
significance of short-person behaviour in pedal depressed,