On another note, some people programmatically remove comments and
whitespace during an ANT build/deployment. A hint attribute, for
comments, might make such a process much more difficult.

Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Certified Professional
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com