From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 February 2008 09:07
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Sending File Data Over Webservice

> What are the overheads like on using cfcontent to deliver a
> file opposed to simply having it available in a web
> accessible directory?

Significant, in my past experience. The CFCONTENT request monopolizes a CF
thread for the duration of the download. As an alternative, you might
consider creating temporary URLs; you can easily do this on Unix using
symlinks. You can create symlinks to directories in Windows, and that might
be sufficient also.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Training: Adobe/Google/Paperthin Certified Partners
http://training.figleaf.com/

WebManiacs 2008: the ultimate conference for CF/Flex/AIR developers!
http://www.webmaniacsconference.com/