Hmm... the "extra" 10 people is interesting.  Doing a match on first name
and last name is really not a good idea for data integrity.  A good example
is in my family.  I am a "Junior" and my son is the "3rd".  Simply matching
on first and last name would return one result for my father, my son, and
I.  It's possible that a similar case caused your lower count in the
original query.  The query I sent you still has the possibility for this
condition.
Best practice would dictate that there really should be only one "person"
table.  All the logic to preserve uniqueness could be directed at a single
table that way.