Sonny!
awsome! that looks to have worked.
but now i have a menu shows up blank for a bit while page loads.
not sure how to get the menu to render before every thing else..

would YUI be a better route to go? i have never used it.

some other questions..
1. i have all my pages which call cfinclude nav/index.cfm
index.cfm calls the js every time the page loads.

should/how could i put the js in an include that is called only once per
session?
i tried doing an iclude in application.cfm, but it would still call it on
every page.

maybe that doesnt make sense.

again thanks.
just trying to get me head wrapped around how to do a navingation with 5
levels deep.
jquery/treeview looked like an ok solution, i would rather do an accordian,
but i cant get one to work with more then 1 level..