New item we recently discovered. It wasn't an issue with 7, but is an
issue with 8, especially in view of the documentation. We have a
password that we 'encrypt'ed into the db, using 6.1. We later 'decrypt'
the password for use with a cfexecute call.

In 6.1, the Decrypt() function took two arguments, the encrypted string
and the seed needed to decrypt it. CF 7 introduced better encryption
features, requiring new optional arguments for the type of encoding and
algorithm used. The CF 8 implementation also greatly improved
encryption, and the documentation states that the same arguments are
still optional. However, this broke for us on CF 8, and only through
reviewing the documentation, and a little experimentation, did we
discover that an algorithm of 'CFMX_COMPAT' and an encoding of 'Hex'
were required in order to properly decrypt the password that had
previously been encrypted by 6.1.

Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Certified Professional
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com