I don't think you can use cfcontent on a link.  If you do not wish to use up
the bandwidth on your main server, you will have to redirect to the browser
to some kind of url on the media server.

If you only do not want the casual user to see the url's, then cflocation
should be enough for you.  Something like this

<cfparam name="url.mediaUID" type="string" required="true">
<cfquery name="getMedia" dsn="mydsn">
Select filename from media where mediauUID=<cfqueryparam
type="cf_sql_varchar" value="#url.mediaUID#">
</cfquery>

<cflocation
url="http://www.mymediaserver.com/somefolder/#getMedia.filename#";>

Russ