Not to help you at all, and providing info you didn't ask for, but...

Best practices when counting pages is to wait for the page to load, or most
of the page to load, before counting that page.

This is especially true when counting advertising page views, or counting
pages read for subscription purposes.

(If the page didn't load, they couldn't have actually read it, and counting
it as a view is a bit of a stretch.)

But now on to your question. Are you trying to find a way to do it on every
page, without having to actually write it into every page?

Jerry