From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 12:38 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Verity question

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Stone, Lori <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> We have an app that is using verity to search docs and db.  What is
the
>  best process for speed when thinking about updating the index and
doing
>  the cfsearch.  There are thousands of records and will be a pretty
>  substantial amount of traffic.  So far what I have read is the do a
>  cflock around all cfsearch tags and an exclusive lock around the
>  indexing (full and partial).

Where did you read that? That should not be the case in CF7and higher.

The index will be updated when
>  records/docs have been updated.  Does anyone have any experience with
>  this?  Is there a better way of doing this?  I am just worried about
the
>  cflock slowing everything down if there are a lot of people accessing
it
>  at the same time.

Get rid of the cfdocs, and don't forget that cfindex allows for atomic
updates. Ie, just because you change one thing, you don't have to nuke
the entire collection.

===
Raymond Camden, Camden Media

Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]