>OK, you have part of the battle. That tells you what the cfc is doing,
>what the server is returning. The callback wouldn't be a part of this
>information. Setting the callback function registers it within your
>browser client, as a listener action to take when a return value is
>received.
>
>In Firebug, in FireFox, as the first line of your callback function,
>place a console.log({result argument here}); line, to see if the
>callback function is even being called. That's your first step...
>
>Steve "Cutter" Blades
>Adobe Certified Professional
>Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
>_____________________________
>http://blog.cutterscrossing.com

Yes,
now the js code looks like this:

function passIdOn(id) {
// if (id) {
 console.log(id);
 document.getElementById('testId').innerHTML = id; // testId is not a hidden
field
 document.getElementById('userId').innerHTML = id;
// }
}

However, firebug's Console still did not show this method call...

I'm also concerned about the main function (data save function) 's flow,

var d = new doSave();
        d.setForm(frm);
        d.setHTTPMethod('POST');
        d.doSave(); // the concern is, it may stop right here after calling
doSave
        d.setCallbackHandler(passIdOn); // pass the new id to caller

Thanks.