I have a web service that I built for a client about a year ago. It has been
running fine and they have a number of their customers utilizing the service.
They would now like to add an additional argument to one of the methods though.
This is not the problem. The problem that I am having (at least conceptually),
is that since CF requires all arguments be passed to the web service, some
customer's implementations will start to fail if they don't update their code
as well.

Short of create a second version of the service and start maintaining both (one
with the new argument and one without), does anyone have any suggestions on how
to implement this smoothly? I'm running CF 8 Enterprise.

Thanks,

Dean