I'm a bit late returning to this thread. You said that when you
assigned cats, it assigned them to ALL the records in the collection.

It looks as if when you pass a query to a collection, it does assign
the cats to all the rows. So in order to assign different cats per
row, you would need to run multiple CFINDEXes. You would NOT need
multiple collections.

So I'd simply do N queries based on category and add the data like so.

If this was covered already in the thread, sorry - responding uqickly.

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 6:54 AM, Dominic Watson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  > However... the qoq started complaining about comparing integers to
>  > strings... I guess Verity search returns all data as strings...
>  > I had to CAST image_id column in db query as CHAR, and it started
>  > working... But... it that right? Should it be like that?
>  > I am worried that casting a column as char, and then comparing string
>  > values in the qoq might actually bring in a big overhead and make it
>  > slower than doing an IN () comparisson... Any thoughts?

Raymond Camden, Camden Media

Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog : www.coldfusionjedi.com
AOL IM : cfjedimaster