Hi everyone,

I'm just putting the foundation code into a new project and I was wondering if
I could get some opinions on CFC approach from people.

The vast majority of our systems come from a previous CF5 environment. This is
the first project I've had the opportunity to do since we moved into our new
CF7 environment though. I'm keen to try and get our more regularly used code
into some CFCs so it's easier to plug into things in the future.

The issue I've got is that some of the regular code is so smaller that I feel
that a CFC is overkill. It's simply things like (pseudo):

if (NOT (is this user login?)){
       send them to the login page
}

which appear in every one of our applications but it's a two second job to put
it in.

At the moment I've got this inside my application.cfc so there is a modular
sense already but I'm wondering where do people draw the line when it comes to
things like this? Is this overkill or does the benefits of having this in a CFC
outweigh that?

Thanks,
James