Dear CF-Users,

We are using ColdFusion 8 Enterprise Edition and we want to check if it is
possible to separate the ColdFusion application server from the IIS Web
Server. In our scenario, we have two separate machines - one dedicated for
ColdFusion and the other dedicated to the Web Server. The machines are on
the same LAN but only the web server is accessible from the Web (this is in
DMZ). The Web Server Configuration Tool that comes with ColdFusion/JRun
allows us to discover and connect with a remote JRun host, but my question
is whether we need to install JRun on both the web server and the
application server. Apparently, IIS requires jrun.dll locally to
successfully handle the application extensions .cf, .cfm, etc.

Thanks all for your help.

Best Regards,

Joseph.