I have one server that just doesn't seem to like <cfdocument>. I've taken out
all of the potential image/stylesheet/ssl issues by putting a cfm in an
unsecured website on the server with the following code:

<cfdocument format="pdf">
</cfdocument>

Server is Win2k running CF 7,0,2,142559 Enterprise with latest cumulative hot
fix (chf7020003.jar) in single server configuration. (Although the same was
happening before upgrading from CF 7.0.1 .)

After a reboot with the CF service set to start automatically, everything runs
fine including <cfdocument>.

After restarting the CF service, everything runs fine EXCEPT all calls to
<cfdocument>. The first call to <cfdocument> times out after 30 seconds
(default timeout set in CF Admin) and I get a "Document has no pages" error in
my browser. Subsequent calls to <cfdocument> don't timeout -- they just hang.

I've tried running the CF service under different user accounts including
"Local System" -- all have the same problem.

I've tried setting the CF service to start manually -- after reboot,
<cfdocument> doesn't work even on the initial manual start of the CF service.

I thought that I would start CF from the command line (i.e., using
...CFusionMX7/bin>cfstart) so that I could get a thread dump. When CF is
started from the command line instead of as a service <cfdocument> works just
fine.

I have other servers that (I believe) have identical configurations where
<cfdocument> is running fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!