Hey all,

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I installed IIS 7, which seems to work
fine, then I installed ColdFusion 8, the new 64 bit version. Installation
seemed to go fine, but when it tried to run the CF Admin setup program - you
know, when it runs it for the first time it takes a couple minutes to
initialize the server - I get an IIS 7 403 error:

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension
configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be
downloaded, add a MIME map.

Fair enough, right? I checked IIS and there's no CFM file handler, or
connector, or anything. Ok, next step then is to run the Web Server Config
Tool. The connector list is empty. When I try to add my IIS server to the CF
connectors, it doesn't let me pick my IIS web site (because it found none),
and the OK button is disabled.

Anybody have any troubleshooting advice before I switch to Apache? I would
really rather use IIS7.

--
nathan strutz
http://www.dopefly.com/