From: Richard White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 4:49 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: need to understand jrun

hi

my laptop has begun to slow down and takes ages to do some simple tasks,
same with my colleagues. i thought it was something to do with our laptops
not being formatted for a year!!! however, having seen someone else posting
about jrun i thought i would analyse the processing power it was using up

i was amazed to see that it starts off around 11,000K and then when i log in
to our application it begins to creep up. then as we are clicking on new
buttons in the application and getting the application to do things it is
growing to enormous amounts of Kb's.

one big task took it from 79,000K to 176,000KB - then we keep clicking and
it keeps going up. but i have noticed that it doesnt come back down again.
it just keeps accumulating until our computers become unbearably slow

are we missing something about coldfusion and Jrun. should we be doing
something in our application to stop it from accumlating so much and taking
up so much processing power. for example should we be flushing it every now
and again, dont know if this is possible or how to do it, just seems thats
what it needs!!!

we would really appreciate it if someone can help us to understand why this
is happening and how we can stop it and manage it better

thanks very much

richard