I ran into a similar issue a while back, and my problem was that the
primary template I was calling was not within the same template as the
Application.cfc. When Application.cfc runs on a page load it runs within
the same directory space as the template originally called, thereby
breaking your pathing. I got around this by referencing all of that
pathing from the webroot of the site "/somefolder/anotherfolder/etc".

Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Certified Professional
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com