Much thanks to everyone who's responded to my posting. This community is
bar-none the best out there! Tweaking the JVM based on your suggestions has
made a world of difference.  So far, my CF server has been running without
interruption for 1 day, 14 hours, and 22 minutes, and things seem to be humming
along.  Here's my current JVM settings, in case anyone else can benefit from
this:

#
java.home=C:/j2sdk1.4.2_16/jre
#
# Arguments to VM
java.args=-server  -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_PREFETCH_ENUMS -Xms1024m
-Xmx1024m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:PermSize=256m
-XX:NewSize=48m -Dcoldfusion.rootDir={application.home}/../
-Dcoldfusion.libPath={application.home}/../lib -XX:+UseParallelGC
-Dcoldfusion.classPath={application.home}/../lib/updates,{application.home}/../lib,{application.home}/../gateway/lib/,{application.home}/../wwwroot/WEB-INF/cfform/jars,c:\\CfusionMX7\\classpath
 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=300000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=300000
#

>From what I could tell, increasing the permsize/maxperm size to 256mb and
>setting the gcInterval to 300000 made the biggest differences.

Thanks again for all your help,
Michael