And I thought google.com would have been an even better answer :)

While an exact example may not exist, I think searching the net for Ajax
examples that delete things could be found.  I can not find it right now but
thought I once saw a tutorial for a contact manager that used CF and did
deletion of contacts via Ajax amongst other things.