Here are the results of your code (again BD for J2EE running on JBoss AS 4.22):

string & string&: 33251ms
String Length: 390000
cfsavecontent: 62ms
String Length: 570006

I ran the test several times, mainly because the results for cfsavecontent
looked so much like an outlier, but I got similar results.

I'll have to dig up that code you posted, but in general since BlueDragon for
J2EE sits on top of a java application server it can access the
java.lang.runtime object no problem. When I get home tonight I'll run these
tests again using open BlueDragon for J2EE, but I doubt there will be any
differences.

regards,
larry