From: George Abraham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 2:50 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: alternatives to cfcontent to allow large downloads

Hi all,
CFMX 7 Enterprise on IIS and Win 2003. Relatively medium traffic
website,
probably about 200 or so downloads a day, ranging from 1MB to 1GB or so.
This is expected to double every 3 months or so.

I read that cfcontent utilizes a single thread for the duration of a
file
download. I also read Ben Nadel's post here:
http://www.bennadel.com/index.cfm?dax=blog:1226.view on sidestepping
some of
that. There was a bit of discussion about using x-sendfile with
lighthttpd
and Apache, but I don't have that option since I am condemned to IIS.

The question is: are there any other alternatives? I could initialize
another instance and make it handle only the download requests, but
can't
really guess at the long-term viability of that.

Thanks,
George