From: Vince Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:23 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF running a Java Process- Making sure that it completes

Thanks Larry,

It is CF 8, sorry.  I have never used CFTHREAD.  I'll take a look at the

CF docs.  It's worth a shot if it allows me to follow the thread until
completion.

Anyone want to chime in?  I.E. take my code below and show me how
cfthread could work in this case?  :)

Vince

> You didn't say what version of CF you're using, but if its CF8,
couldn't you use CFTHREAD to run the process and notify the user when
its complete

> regards,larry

I get exactly the same results from the following two examples:
=======
Example 1
=======
<cfset StartTime = "#now()#">
   <cfscript>
       try {
           readWMS = CreateObject("java", "com.domain.blah.java");
       }
       catch(Any exception) {
       JavaException = "#exception.Message#";
       }
       try {
           readWMS = readWMS.run();
       }
       catch(Any exception) {
       JavaException = "#exception.Message#";
       }
   </cfscript>
<cfset EndTime = "#now()#">
.....then cfmail the start and end times and show a complete or show the
error...

=======
Example 2
=======

<cfset StartTime = "#now()#">
<cftry>
<cfobject type="java" action="create" class="com.domain.blah.java"
name="readWMS">
<cfset result = '#readWMS.getInfo()#'>
   <cfcatch type="any">
       <cfset errorMessage = "#cfcatch.Message#">
       <cfset errorDetail = "#cfcatch.detail#">
       <cfset errorTagContext = "#cfcatch.tagcontext#">
   </cfcatch>
</cftry>