On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Kenton Gray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions, I think after much fiddling, my conclusion is
> there is no "proper" way this can be done.

Yeah, I gave it a shot too.  Same deal.  And I tried all kinds of
random things, just for good measure.

I cfdumped a bunch of stuff, some internal methods even (I felt
dirty;), and didn't see anything.

cfdump is a pretty awesome tag.  It must use some type of reflection, neh?

Anyways, I couldn't get it going other than through the admin.  And
while I don't know what creating all those JNDI DSNs would do, I do
know that it would be sweet to know how to do it in a programmatic
fashion nonetheless.

So if you end up using a support call or something and discovering the
answer, post it back here for posterity.

Heh.  I'd die laughing if the answer's there in livedocs.  I didn't even check.

Anyways, I think that using the connection pool through JNDI via java
will work fine-ish, but you'd probably want to convert the query
result sets into cf queries.  I think there's some code out on the
interweb that shows how to do that.

I'm just using JNDI for hibernate fun currently, but I might someday
want to make an installer or something.

The easier things are to use, the more they'll get used, and the more
they'll be needed.

--
or something like that